Fraudulent E-Mails and Phone Scams
Page Last Updated: September 17, 2010.
Customers and non-customers are being sent an email stating there is a security issue with their account.
Because your password was entered incorrectly five time, online access to your account at 'www.anb.com' has been locked for security purposes.
To remove the limitation, please click on the following link:
This is NOT Amarillo National Bank, we will not call, text or email to solicit personal information. If you have given your information please contact Amarillo National Bank at 378-8000 IMMEDIATELY.
ANB will never solicit your personal or account information over the telephone, e-mail or cell phone.
- Your account information is stored when you open the account and backed up daily. We will not need this information again.
- We will only ask you to verify personal information if you call us, but not enough to create a transaction. – last 4 of social and account number.
We will never use automated dialers, text messaging or e-mails to verify info.
- Automated VOIP (Voice Over IP) Phones (basically a computer) is used to call numbers in a specific range using the area code. They can even show the bank's phone number on the caller ID.
- Once they have the account info, it takes an average of 47 minutes to make a "white card" and use it in an ATM machine
- Most of these scam's occur over the weekend in hopes that the bank won't respond until the following week.
Be aware of who you are talking to.
- Don't give out account information to anyone who calls or e-mails you.
- Make sure the phone number you call is genuine.
- Be certain the website or email address you are using is correct.
- If you have questions or concerns call your personal banker.
If you feel that your account or personal information have been compromised please contact customer service at 806-378-8000 immediately for assistance.